Activity 7: Exploration
Bob identifies the following problems:
- decreased mobility
- difficulty swallowing
- difficulty maintaining social contact.
- How do you identify the personal and social resources that may help a person with a life-limiting illness cope with the loss of physical and social function?
- Consider your specific health care discipline. How do you promote physical and social function for the problems Bob has identified? Search relevant literature to identify the evidence to support your answers.
- What other health care disciplines might be involved in care planning to help Bob?
- How might your care plan complement the care plan proposed by the other health care disciplines?
- What strategies would you use to ensure an effective team approach to managing Bob's problems?